This is my one-month update on how EPF is doing based on our June 16 – July 15 data.
People who listen to us, as of July 15, 2012:
RSS subscribers: 69 (+3)
Twitter followers: 57 (+6)
Facebook fans: 16 (+3)
Pretty minimal progress this month! I actually saw our RSS subscriptions as high as 84 at one point – I’m not sure why that number is so volatile. I don’t subscribe to and unsubscribe from other blogs so capriciously; maybe there are glitches with the tracking.
Alexa: 134,511 (+13,719)
Google PR: 2 (no change)
MozRank: 3.85 (+0.76)
Again my Alexa ranking increased, which I guess means that fewer people with the Alexa toolbar are reading EPF. This doesn’t bother me too much as long as my Google PR and MozRank are increasing or staying the same.
Some Google Analytics statistics:
Most viewed posts:
Most Commented Posts:
May – June Goals review
1) Comment on at least four blog posts each weekday and leave at least 25 comments total per week. – I totally succeeded in this in one week and came close two other weeks (the fourth one was our vacation week).
2) Find and comment on at least one new-to-me blog per week. – Two out of four.
3) Write at least two high-quality comments on “big” blogs per week. – Two out of four.
4) Write and submit one guest post to another blog. – Nope! I have the post subject and blog in mind, but I didn’t write or submit it.
5) Promote three blog posts (not ours) per week through Twitter. – One and two-thirds weeks successful.
6) Ask two questions designed to generate discussion/responses on Facebook. – Um, I totally forgot about this.
I actually think I came up with a pretty good set of goals so I’m just going to tweak them slightly for the next month period.
1) Comment on at least two blog posts each weekday and leave at least 25 comments total per week. (I’m reducing the per-day number of comments because Tuesdays and Thursdays are really slow Reader days in comparison with Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.)
2) Find and comment on at least one new-to-me blog per week.
3) Write at least two high-quality comments on “big” blogs per week.
4) Write and submit one guest post to another blog.
5) Promote three blog posts (not ours) per week through Twitter.
I’ve been having more ideas that are suitable for guest post submission recently so I’ll probably feel a little more comfortable contacting other bloggers about guest posting.
In other news, we were contacted by our first legit/non-spammy advertiser so I hope to start a partnership with them soon! I don’t want to do any sponsored posts at the moment because I find them annoying, so we’re going to stick with banner advertising and maybe affiliate linking. I had some questions about affiliate linking in NC but we seemed to have been cleared.
Any tips for getting more involved on Twitter (I don’t seem to be taking to the medium very readily)? How do you usually approach bloggers about guest posting?